Friday, May 26, 2017

Book Review: Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King





When I told my friends that I wanted to start reading murder mysteries and horror stories they suggested that I try reading Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King.


So I got the book and I'm sure glad I did!
The pacing was a little slow to start with at first which I didn't really enjoy but as the story progressed I found myself being drawn into the book almost as if I was one of the characters.

I have to say it was a toss-up as to who I liked more in the story: Mr. Hodges or Jerome with their quirky personalities and humorous anecdotes.

Once the book reached the main climax I found that it was near impossible to set the book down! In fact, the only reason I did end up setting it down was that it was late and my eyes refused to stay open any longer.

In my opinion, this book is a 5 out of 5 rating in the mystery and horror genre and I really can't wait to read more of Stephen King's works!

If you enjoy mysteries that are fast-paced, has humor and sarcastic wit I highly encourage you to go get this book for yourself!

If you have any comments or questions please leave a comment and I will answer them for you!

      Until next time
              Lynn.

No comments:

Post a Comment