Thursday, April 11, 2019

Trilogy Review: To All The Boys I Loved Before books: 1,2 and 3 by Jenny Han


Hey guys! Today I am bringing you a full non-spoiler Trilogy review of the To All the Boys I Loved Before Trilogy! I hope you have your coffee or tea ready because here we go!

Book #1 To All The Boys I Loved Before by Jenny Han


From Goodreads:

To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all. 

My Thoughts:

Jenny Han is a very expressive writer and I really enjoyed how she brought Lara Jean to life and how well the story flowed. 
There was never a time where I felt the story lagged it just kept going smoothly much like a well-directed movie. 
I think the one character I emphasized with the most was Lara's little sister Kitty. My goodness, she is a sassy little thing!
I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars!

Book #2 P.S I Still Love You by Jenny Han

From Goodreads:

Lara Jean didn’t expect to really fall for Peter.
She and Peter were just pretending. Except suddenly they weren’t. Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean’s feelings for him return too. Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?

In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Timesbestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean. Love is never easy, but maybe that’s part of what makes it so amazing.


My Thoughts:

In this story, Jenny Han brings a bunch of new characters to the forefront!  Meet John Ambrose and Stormy a lil ole lady from the nursing home where Lara jean volunteers who is anything but quiet! 
Lara Jean is preparing for senior year and hoping to get into the college of her choice while having a new and at times shaky relationship with Peter.
Ms. Han brings to light the typical teenage angst and worries in a fun and cute way that makes you smile and cry right with the main characters!

 This book also got a rating of 5 out of 5 stars!

Book #3 Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han

From Goodreads:

Lara Jean is having the best senior year.

And there’s still so much to look forward to: a class trip to New York City, prom with her boyfriend Peter, Beach Week after graduation, and her dad’s wedding to Ms. Rothschild. Then she’ll be off to college with Peter, at a school close enough for her to come home and bake chocolate chip cookies on the weekends.

Life couldn’t be more perfect!

At least, that’s what Lara Jean thinks . . . until she gets some unexpected news.

Now the girl who dreads change must rethink all her plans—but when your heart and your head are saying two different things, which one should you listen to?



My Thoughts:

Senior year... the time in every teen's life where so many things are ending. new stories are starting they leave childhood and enter adulthood.. to see things don't always happen as they planned. I feel Ms. Han captured this perfectly!
Lara Jean thought her life was perfect. She had an amazing boyfriend, she was going to the college of her choice when as life tends to do she was thrown a curveball and now everything changes.
In this 3rd and final installment of the To All The Boy's I loved Before trilogy Jenny Han ties all the loose ends into a perfect bow and at the same time makes you want to return to the first book and re-enter Lara Jean's life again, and again, and again. 
This trilogy is perfect if you like fluffy but true life contemporaries it has all the components of a delicious cake.. and I'm not just saying that because of Lara's Jean's cookies.. or am I?
Guess you'll have to read it for yourself and find out!

This book is also a 5 out of 5 stars read!

Please let me know in the comments if you have read this trilogy and what your thoughts are or if you plan on reading it. Also if you have any other trilogies you would like me to read and review!

Now I need a snack these books made me hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment