Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Book Review: Ever The Hunted by Erin Summerill


Hello, reader friends! Today I am bringing Y'all a book review for Ever the Hunted by Erin Summerill! Here we go!




                         "Ever the Hunted, Ever the Brave."                                                           


From Goodreads:

Seventeen-year-old Britta Flannery is at ease only in the woods with her dagger and bow. She spends her days tracking criminals alongside her father, a legendary bounty hunter that is until her father is murdered. The alleged killer is none other than Cohen Mackay, her father's former apprentice. The only friend she's ever known. The boy she once loved who broke her heart. She must go on a dangerous quest in a world of warring kingdoms, mad kings, and dark magic to find the real killer. But Britta wields more power than she knows. And soon she will learn that what has always made her different will make her a force to be reckoned with.

My Critique:

So there I was exploring the book section of a thrift store that had just opened in my town and I found an almost new copy of Ever the Hunted. I thought it sounded interesting so I decided to get it.

Once we got home I automatically started reading it... 
The plot is good but at the same time extremely similar to other YA Fantasy books I have read. 
the whole time I read the book I was experiencing a sense of deja vu but at the same time not really because there were some things that were different and fun like how the main character is sent on a quest to find her fathers supposed killer and then ends up finding out she has these powers that people from her kingdom shouldn't have.

I wasn't a huge fan if the instalove/drama between Britta and Cohen but I did enjoy the interactions between Britta and the old woman who later turns out to be... ah ah ah almost spoiled you hehe 
You'll have to find out about that part your selves :)

I do plan on getting the next two books in this trilogy mainly because I want to know if they finally get her fathers killer and if she finds more about her powers.

that being said I rate this book 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Please let me know if you have read this book as I would love to hear your thoughts on this book. did you enjoy it? hate it? am I full of hot air? :"p 

Until next time my friends,
                  Au Revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment